About Helsinki, Finland
Helsinki, Helsingfors (in Swedish) is the Capital of Finland, located in the Northern Europe on the shore of Gulf of Finland. Helsinki, located only 80 km from Tallinn, Estonia; 400 km from Stockholm, Sweden and 300 km from St. Petersburg in Russia, has good ferry connection with Tallinn and Stockholm and train connection with St. Petersburg. Helsinki Vantaa Airport offers flight connections to most of the travel destinations in Europe and good flight connection with the main destinations in Asia.
Helsinki is famous for its Helsinki University (http://www.helsinki.fi/university/) and Helsinki city was chosen to be the World Desing Capital for 2012. Helsinki is also known as lively city where lots of events are taking place and lots of famous artists are performing, see more about Events in Helsinki in Klaus K Hotel Newsroom.
Important Facts about Helsinki in Finland:
- Finland Population: 5,4 million
- Finland Independence Day: 6th December
- Helsinki Population: over 600 000 people
- Helsinki city was established: in 1550
- Helsinki became the Capital of Finland: in 1812
- Helsinki has two official languages: Finnish and Swedish